Performance Marketing Manager
Hi, thanks for checking us out 👋
Hey! I’m James and I’m a Director of Demand Generation at Proofpoint Marketing. I feel really privileged to work with an amazing team to develop strategy, execution, measurement and optimization efforts alongside our great clients.
I’m really looking forward to having you join me as part of the Client Delivery Team at Proofpoint. Each Director of Demand Generation is responsible for a book of business, as well as mentoring and overseeing a team of sharp and skilled SMEs to meet and exceed our clients’ business goals through smart and savvy marketing. I look forward to working with you.
What's the role?
- Strategize, build and manage campaigns across paid search, paid social and display channels.
- Create media plans and performance forecasts, and then analyze, interpret and act upon performance data to effectively manage campaign budgets, to meet forecasted targets.
- Educate clients on how paid media affect relationship velocity efforts
What you'll need
- A strong mastery of data and statistical concepts
- Understand how paid media channels interact with and impact other marketing channels (e.g. SEO, email, PR, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of paid search (Google Ads and Bing Ads) channels and platforms
- In-depth knowledge of paid social (LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.) channels and platforms
- In-depth knowledge of Google Display Network campaigns
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to balance multiple projects/client accounts.
- Strong written communication skills
- You possess interpersonal skills to work with a variety of clients and internal stakeholders.
- You’re able to follow proven processes while thinking critically and creatively to achieve client goals.
- You have a willingness and hunger to learn, and are open to new experiences.
- You have a positive attitude and a proven work ethic.
- You make working with you an easy and enjoyable experience.
- You’re able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, and with a high-degree of independence.
- You’re comfortable and willing to operate within a certain degree of ambiguity. We’re looking for people that can figure things out, present solutions and ask for help when needed.
- You’re able to jump into existing client projects and pick-up the account without hesitation.
- You’re quick on your feet; a self-starter; and someone who takes direction well and doesn’t need to be instructed on something multiple times.
- You appreciate feedback and are willing to listen, but also able to speak up and share what’s on your mind. Our culture is transparent, open and direct. Passive-aggressiveness will not work at Proofpoint!
- You’re comfortable with and thrive in a remote and asynchronous environment.
- You exemplify kindness, integrity and collaboration. You care about your work and helping others.
- You can see yourself standing behind and upholding our mission and vision as a company.
What success looks like
30 – LEARN
- Proficiency with all operations tools and workflow processes
- Know and exemplify Company Culture
- Meet and get to know the PPM Team
- Establish 1:1 meeting w/ Manager
- Shadow manager and execute (for review) all weekly and bi-weekly recurring optimization paid media tasks across assigned accounts
- Know, track and manage objectives and core KPIs for all assigned clients
- Take over management of at least 1 client’s paid media accounts
60 – BUILD
- Shadow manager and execute (for review) all monthly and quarterly recurring optimization paid media tasks across all assigned accounts
- Assume ownership of all recurring optimization tasks, across all assigned accounts
- Work with manager to put together monthly optimization roadmaps for all assigned clients
- Work with manager and account manager to put together QBR reports for all assigned clients
- Start discussing/building goals past 90-days with Manager
90 – DO
- Take over day-to-day ownership of all assigned paid media accounts
- Provide monthly paid media reports and summaries for all assigned paid media accounts
- Create monthly optimization roadmaps for all assigned paid media accounts
- Present paid media recommendations directly to clients during client meetings
We turn predictable customer behavior into predictable and scalable revenue.
Proofpoint Marketing is a B2B Go-To-Market Consultancy, helping tech, manufacturing and technical professional services companies build customer relationships at scale.
We believe in radical transparency. We believe in doing great work by putting people first. We believe your job shouldn’t come at the expense of your life. We believe in doing all things well and for the right reasons.
We’ll empower you to do your best work with the tools you need, undivided support from the team, a fully-flexible and remote work environment, and an expectation that you’ll help us change outdated marketing and business norms, and pave the way for others to follow.