Business Development Specialist
Are you the social selling savant
we’ve been looking for?
Do you specialize in making genuine authentic connections and playing the long-game, rather than going for volume and pushing for the sale? Do you enjoy helping people solve their problems?
We are looking for a full-time, Business Development Specialist to generate productive connections and drive significant net new revenue for the agency. We are a small, fully distributed revenue marketing agency, with a growing roster of amazing clients.
You are the savant we’ve been looking for if you understand the power of a personal brand and are a LinkedIn wiz, able to navigate and leverage the platform to build real connections.
What You'll Need:
The core skills needed for this job
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Impeccable organization and time management skills.
- Friendly and personable demeanor, with a positive, can-do outlook.
- Ability to work as part of a team, as well independently, and within a proven sales process.
- Strong business acumen.
- Willingness to learn and ask questions.
- Ability to think quickly and adapt to various conversations and personality types.
- Curiosity about various business models and industries, and how Proofpoint Marketing can drive real revenue results for them.
- Ability to listen, show empathy and understand the real problems our prospects need a solution for.
What You'll Do:
The things we expect you to own and execute
- Present valuable data and knowledge to potential prospects in a way that promotes the agency brand and mission and helps the audience identify a need for our services.
- Research prospects, make connections and build relationships with marketing leaders in our target markets.
- Qualify prospects and set up discovery meetings with agency leadership.
- Shadow agency leadership on alignment and proposal meetings.
- Study each service offered by the agency and be able to persuasively educate and inform customers how we can drive real revenue results for them.
- Elevate the agency brand, culture and expertise in the marketplace.
- Collaborate with agency leadership and other team members to identify service improvements, or net new service opportunities that could enhance sales success.
- Manage lead and pipeline activity in the CRM.
- 1 – 3 years in sales or business development role
- 1+ years of selling professional services
- Track record of achieving sales quotas
- Experience selling to senior management
- Experience with CRM software
- Experience working with remote teams
- Position is open to U.S. residents only.
Appreciated but not Required:
- Pipedrive experience a plus.
- Agency experience a plus.
- Experience selling to marketing leaders (director-level and above).
- Experience selling into our target industries: MedTech; High tech manufacturing; Tech-enabled professional services (e.g. software development firms)
- Experience with B2B industries and clients.
- Experience with Slack, Zoom and G Suite.
Who Are you?
These are the traits and characteristics that’ll succeed at Proofpoint
- You possess a strong desire to learn, grow and are coachable and open to feedback.
- You possess interpersonal skills and have patience to work with a variety of clients and internal stakeholders.
- You’re able to follow proven processes in addition to thinking critically and creatively to achieve sales goals.
- You have a willingness and hunger to learn, and are open to new experiences.
- You have a positive attitude and a proven work ethic.
- You’re able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, and with a high-degree of independence, as we are a fully-distributed company.
- You’re comfortable and willing to operate within a certain degree of ambiguity. We’re looking for people that can figure things out, present solutions and ask for help when needed.
- You’re quick on your feet; a self-starter; and someone who takes direction well and doesn’t need to be instructed on something multiple times.
- You appreciate feedback and are willing to listen, but also able to speak up and share what’s on your mind. Our culture is transparent, open and direct. Passive-aggressiveness will not work in our company!
- You exemplify our values: Principled, Open-Minded, Inquisitive, Nimble, Transparent, Empathetic and Deliberate, as well as being kind and collaborating with integrity.
Why Work at Proofpoint?
We offer amazing perks, in addition to our people-first culture
We offer a flexible work environment that allows our Proofpointers to adapt effectively to changing demands and balance passions outside of work.
We make time for team-building exercises, company gatherings, holiday celebrations, and employee recognition throughout the year.
We cultivate a safe workplace for people of all backgrounds. Be you who are. Bring your experiences and be open to learning and sharing with everyone on the team.
We’re a fully distributed team. Work from wherever you’d like without sacrificing connection with our team or with your priorities outside of work.
We make yearly contributions to causes dear to us, and we offer a donation match program. We also champion volunteer events throughout the year.
Are you a PC or a Mac? Either way works for us because we offer our Proofpointers a choice in laptops and other office supplies (within reason).
We offer access to The CXL Institute and prioritize professional development via leadership courses and other resources specific to each role.
We offer a yearly membership for grocery delivery via Instacart or Shipt for every year of employment (you pay for the groceries!)
We offer an HRA, and provide access to Wellbeats, an on-demand virtual exercise and wellness platform. We also sponsor quarterly wellness workshops.
We offer paid maternity and paternity leave and a yearly grocery delivery membership to Instacart or Shipt for every year of employment.
We foster a transparent company culture where no doors are closed. You'll always know the ‘why’ behind your work and the decisions being made, including updates on finances, new business and hiring.
We offer unlimited time-off, with a minimum number of days off per year, and 12 holidays throughout the year when the agency is closed.
Proofpoint Marketing is committed to diversity and equal opportunities for all employees. We do not discriminate in candidate screenings, interviews, or employment on the basis of factors including race, ancestry, religion, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, age, parental status, political association, military history, or any other status protected by law.
Please note: We are using a third-party hiring tool called Vervoe to manage applications. Applicants will be asked a series of job-related questions that may be answered in a variety of ways (ie: video, audio, text, etc.). It’s an opportunity to demonstrate how you would handle real-world scenarios in this role. We look forward to seeing your answers!