Business Development Specialist
Are you PASSIONATE about sales? Do you get pumped about getting the meeting? Do you geek out on crafting the best email outreach copy? Are you always asking why certain sales efforts did or didn’t work?
Are you PROUD to be a salesperson? Do you take pride in the authenticity of your work? Do you focus on providing creative solutions rather than one-size-fits-all approaches?
Are you PURPOSEFUL in your activities? Do you enjoy doing the research and finding the right people to reach out to? Do you focus on business results, not just daily activity?
Are you PRAGMATIC in your decision making? Are you always learning by doing, and applying those learnings to make better and better decisions?
If this sounds like you, then let’s talk.
We are looking for a full-time, Business Development Specialist to generate productive connections and drive significant net new revenue for the agency. We are a small, fully distributed digital agency, with a growing roster of amazing clients. Your role entails (but is not limited to) the following:
- Present valuable data and knowledge to potential prospects in a way that promotes the agency brand and mission and helps the audience identify a need for our services.
- Research prospects, make connections and build relationships with marketing leaders in our target markets.
- Qualify prospects and set up discovery meetings with agency leadership.
- Shadow agency leadership on alignment and proposal meetings.
- Study each service offered by the agency and be able to persuasively educate and inform customers how we can drive real revenue results for them.
- Elevate the agency brand, culture and expertise in the marketplace.
- Collaborate with agency leadership and other team members to identify service improvements, or net new service opportunities that could enhance sales success.
- Manage lead and pipeline activity in the CRM.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Impeccable organization and time management skills.
- Friendly and personable demeanor, with a positive, can-do outlook.
- Ability to work as part of a team, as well independently, and within a proven sales process.
- Strong business acumen.
- Willingness to learn and ask questions.
- Ability to think quickly and adapt to various conversations and personality types.
- Curiosity about various business models and industries, and how Proofpoint Marketing can drive real revenue results for them.
- Ability to listen, show empathy and understand the real problems our prospects need a solution for.
- 1 – 3 years in sales or business development role
- 1+ years of selling professional services
- Track record of achieving sales quotas
- Experience selling to senior management
- Experience with CRM software
- Experience working with remote teams
- Position is open to U.S. residents only.
APPRECIATED, BUT NOT REQUIRED:
- Hubspot experience a plus.
- Agency experience a plus.
- Experience selling to marketing leaders (director-level and above).
- Experience selling into our target industries: SaaS; High tech manufacturing; Tech-enabled professional services (e.g. software development firms)
PERSONALITY & CULTURE FIT:
- You possess a strong desire to learn, grow and are coachable and open to feedback.
- You possess interpersonal skills and have patience to work with a variety of clients and internal stakeholders.
- You’re able to follow proven processes in addition to thinking critically and creatively to achieve sales goals.
- You have a willingness and hunger to learn, and are open to new experiences.
- You have a positive attitude and a proven work ethic.
- You’re able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, and with a high-degree of independence, as we are a fully-distributed company.
- You’re comfortable and willing to operate within a certain degree of ambiguity. We’re looking for people that can figure things out, present solutions and ask for help when needed.
- You’re quick on your feet; a self-starter; and someone who takes direction well and doesn’t need to be instructed on something multiple times.
- You appreciate feedback and are willing to listen, but also able to speak up and share what’s on your mind. Our culture is transparent, open and direct. Passive-aggressiveness will not work in our company!
- You exemplify our values: Principled, Open-Minded, Inquisitive, Nimble, Transparent, Empathetic and Deliberate, as well as being kind and collaborating with integrity.
WHY WORK AT PROOFPOINT?
- Uncapped compensation plan: $45,000 base; OTE (On-Target Earnings) $85,000; accelerators for exceeding plan.
- We invest in sales coaching and training.
- We work with great clients and provide meaningful work for talented marketing professionals who are looking to grow and take part on the ground-floor of a company that is changing the way agencies work, play, think, do and hire.
- We are building a people-first culture that allows our employees to get one step closer to the ideal work/life balance they desire and aspire to cultivate for themselves.
- We have a completely open-door policy. We are building a culture of inclusion, built on an unprecedented amount of trust and transparency among our team. We’ll be open and honest with you, and we expect you’ll do the same in return with us.
- We do great work, and we hire top-notch individuals whom we believe will offer A+ work for our company, our clients and our team. Everyone is a key contributor. There are no weak-links.
- We offer a company laptop and other office supplies, as needed.
- We offer a fully remote and flexible work environment.
- We offer paid maternity and paternity leave.
- We offer a Health Reimbursement Agreement.
- We offer unlimited vacation days (with a mandatory minimum number of days off, because we all need a break, whether we admit it or not).
- We offer company-sponsored ongoing education and training.
- We offer quarterly company-sponsored wellness and culture workshops.
- We offer a free yearly membership for grocery delivery via Instacart or Shipt for every year of employment (you pay for the groceries!).
- Proofpoint is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note: We are using a third-party hiring tool called Vervoe to manage applications. Applicants will be asked a series of job-related questions that may be answered in a variety of ways (ie: video, audio, text, etc.). It’s an opportunity to demonstrate how you would handle real-world scenarios in this role. We look forward to seeing your answers!