Content Marketing Specialist
Are you the content unicorn we’re seeking?
We’re looking for a content marketing specialist with a strong work ethic who can design and maintain content marketing campaigns, as well as facilitate all aspects of content creation.
For this role, you’ll need a combination of stellar writing skills, amazing storytelling abilities, and a deep understanding of business objectives in order to create and manage content that resonates and helps to drive revenue for a variety of B2B clients.
You’re the unicorn we’ve been looking for if you not only know how to create content for organic search–but you also know how to create and leverage content from webinars, podcasts, videos and events. And can do it with aplomb!
What You'll Need:
The core skills needed for this job
- Experience writing and developing content for B2B decision makers.
- A strong understanding of how content drives demand and revenue.
- A passion for writing; a strong command of the English language and syntax; an impressive vocabulary and a healthy obsession with grammar and punctuation.
- In-depth knowledge of content distribution channels, including search, social, email, video and podcasts.
- Knowledge of how content impacts SEO, and a mastery of SEO best practices.
- Experience writing long-form content (1,500 words or more) like blog posts, guides and ebooks, etc.
- Experience writing short-form content for email, social media and other marketing communications/collateral.
- Proven experience in developing content for various mediums (written, video, audio, etc.).
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Impressive oratory skills and an innate ability to communicate with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
What You'll Do:
The things we expect you to own and execute
- Interview our clients’ customers and stakeholders for market and persona research.
- Develop content strategies, based on our proven Content Framework, which includes the research and synthesis of client personas, performing a content gap analysis, and creating editorial and content calendars.
- Strategize, plan and execute long-form as well as short-form content.
- Create detailed writing briefs and outlines for external writing and design resources.
- Collaborate with creative designers to produce high quality visuals to support content initiatives.
- Provide recommendations for video, visual and/or audio content to internal or external resources.
- Perform keyword research to develop and optimize content for maximal qualified organic traffic.
- Revise and optimize outdated content using information gathered in SEO research.
- Analyze, interpret and act upon content marketing performance data, including forecasting performance.
- Provide recurring summary reports and recommendations to clients and internal teams.
- Consistently ideate new content ideas, test new tactics and channels and implement learnings across client accounts and for the agency.
- Assist with internal agency content marketing efforts.
- Participate in elevating the agency brand and culture, both internally and externally.
- Experience with B2B industries and clients.
- 3-5 years content marketing experience.
- 1-2 years agency experience preferred.
- 1-2 years copywriting experience preferred.
- On-page SEO experience preferred.
- Experience working remotely and/or with remote teams preferred.
Appreciated but not Required:
- An eye for design and ability to work collaboratively with design talent to bring content pieces to life.
- Lnowledge of Canva and/or Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
- Knowledge of marketing automation platforms.
- Experience with Slack, ClickUp, Zoom and G Suite.
Who Are you?
These are the traits and characteristics that’ll succeed at Proofpoint
- You’re well-organized and independently motivated.
- You love working directly with customers and stakeholders.
- You’re eager to dig in, take ownership and work in a virtual team environment.
- You’re able to follow processes in addition to thinking critically and creatively to achieve desired goals.
- You have a willingness and hunger to learn, and are open to new experiences.
- You have a positive attitude and a proven work ethic.
- You’re enthusiastic and supportive of cross-team collaboration and dissemination of domain knowledge/mentoring.
- You’re able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, and with a high-degree of independence.
- You’re comfortable and willing to operate within a certain degree of ambiguity. You know how to figure things out, present solutions and ask for help when needed.
- You’re able to jump into existing client projects and pick-up the current style, flavor and needs of the account without hesitation.
- You’re someone who takes direction well and doesn’t need to be instructed on something multiple times.
- You appreciate feedback and are humble enough to admit when you’ve screwed up–and brave enough to make amends when necessary.
- You are willing to speak up and share what’s on your mind. Our culture is transparent, open and direct. Passive-aggressiveness will not work in our company!
- You exemplify kindness, integrity and bonus points for a great sense of humor!
- You’re POINTED in the Right Direction and embody our core values (Principled, Open-Minded, Inquisitive, Nimble, Transparent, Empathetic, Deliberate).
- You can see yourself standing behind and upholding our mission and vision as a company.
Why Work at Proofpoint?
We offer amazing perks, in addition to our people-first culture
- We offer a company laptop and other office supplies, as needed.
- We offer a fully remote and flexible work environment.
- We offer paid maternity and paternity leave.
- We offer a Health Reimbursement Agreement.
- We offer unlimited vacation days (with a mandatory minimum number of days off, because we all need a break, whether we admit it or not).
- We offer company-sponsored ongoing education and training.
- We offer quarterly company-sponsored wellness and culture workshops.
- We offer a free yearly membership for grocery delivery via Instacart or Shipt for every year of employment (you pay for the groceries!).
Proofpoint Marketing is committed to diversity and equal opportunities for all employees. We do not discriminate in candidate screenings, interviews, or employment on the basis of factors including race, ancestry, religion, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, age, parental status, political association, military history, or any other status protected by law.
Please note: We are using a third-party hiring tool called Vervoe to manage applications. Applicants will be asked a series of job-related questions that may be answered in a variety of ways (ie: video, audio, text, etc.). It’s an opportunity to demonstrate how you would handle real-world scenarios in this role. We look forward to seeing your answers!