Paid Media Specialist
Are you the paid media ninja we’re seeking?
We are looking for a paid media specialist with the expertise to design and manage paid search and paid social campaigns, as well as the curiosity to try new channels and tactics.
For this role, you’ll need a combination of in-depth channel expertise, strong analytical skills, and a deep understanding of business objectives, in order to develop and manage paid media campaigns that drive revenue for a variety of B2B technology clients.
You’re the ninja we’ve been searching for if you can execute LinkedIn, Facebook and Google Ads campaigns with your eyes closed and hands tied behind your back, and you have a keen eye for creative execution and are adept at slicing and dicing performance data.
What You'll Need:
The core skills needed for this job
- Demonstrated experience building & optimizing paid media campaigns, preferably in a B2B technology environment.
- Strong analytical skills, and proven track record in making data-driven decisions to continually optimize performance and determine marketing mix.
- Familiarity with digital ad tracking and serving technology (e.g. implementing pixels and UTM parameters).
- Understanding of how paid media channels interact with and impact other marketing channels (e.g. SEO, email, PR, etc.).
- In-depth knowledge of paid search (Google Ads and Bing Ads) channels and platforms.
- In-depth knowledge of paid social (LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.) channels and platforms.
- In-depth knowledge of Google Display Network and YouTube campaigns.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to balance multiple projects/client accounts.
What You'll Do:
The things we expect you to own and execute
- Strategize, build and manage campaigns across paid search, paid social and display channels.
- Analyze, interpret and act upon paid media performance data.
- Create media plans and performance forecasts.
- Manage campaign budget(s).
- Work closely with Client Success team members (e.g. account manager, project manager, strategy leads) to ensure work is being done to agreed upon scope, timeline, strategy and objectives.
- Provide recurring reports and summaries.
- Present findings and recommendations to clients and internal teams.
- Assist with internal agency marketing campaigns.
- Participate in elevating the agency brand and culture, both internally and externally.
- 3 – 5 years direct paid media campaign management experience.
- 2+ years paid search experience.
- 2+ years paid social experience.
- 1 – 2 years agency experience preferred.
- Experience with B2B industries and clients.
- Ad copywriting experience preferred.
- Google Ads and Analytics certifications preferred.
- Experience working remotely and/or with remote teams preferred.
Appreciated but not Required:
- Experience with media automation tools and methodologies.
- Hands-on knowledge of Google Data Studio.
- An eye for graphic design and Canva skills a plus.
Who Are you?
These are the traits and characteristics that’ll succeed at Proofpoint
- You possess interpersonal skills and have patience to work with a variety of clients and internal stakeholders.
- You’re able to follow proven processes in addition to thinking critically and creatively to achieve client goals.
- You have a willingness and hunger to learn, and are open to new experiences.
- You have a positive attitude and a proven work ethic.
- You’re able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, and with a high-degree of independence, as we are a fully-remote company.
- You’re comfortable and willing to operate within a certain degree of ambiguity. We’re looking for people that can figure things out, present solutions and ask for help when needed.
- You’re able to jump into existing client projects and pick-up the current style, flavor and needs of the account without hesitation.
- You’re quick on your feet; a self-starter; and someone who takes direction well and doesn’t need to be instructed on something multiple times.
- You appreciate feedback and are willing to listen, but also able to speak up and share what’s on your mind. Our culture is transparent, open and direct. Passive-aggressiveness will not work in our company!
- You exemplify kindness, integrity and collaboration.
Why Work at Proofpoint?
We offer amazing perks, in addition to our people-first culture
We offer a flexible work environment that allows our Proofpointers to adapt effectively to changing demands and balance passions outside of work.
We make time for team-building exercises, company gatherings, holiday celebrations, and employee recognition throughout the year.
We cultivate a safe workplace for people of all backgrounds. Be you who are. Bring your experiences and be open to learning and sharing with everyone on the team.
We’re a fully distributed team. Work from wherever you’d like without sacrificing connection with our team or with your priorities outside of work.
We make yearly contributions to causes dear to us, and we offer a donation match program. We also champion volunteer events throughout the year.
Are you a PC or a Mac? Either way works for us because we offer our Proofpointers a choice in laptops and other office supplies (within reason).
We offer access to The CXL Institute and prioritize professional development via leadership courses and other resources specific to each role.
We offer a yearly membership for grocery delivery via Instacart or Shipt for every year of employment (you pay for the groceries!)
We offer an HRA, and provide access to Wellbeats, an on-demand virtual exercise and wellness platform. We also sponsor quarterly wellness workshops.
We offer paid maternity and paternity leave and a yearly grocery delivery membership to Instacart or Shipt for every year of employment.
We foster a transparent company culture where no doors are closed. You'll always know the ‘why’ behind your work and the decisions being made, including updates on finances, new business and hiring.
We offer unlimited time-off, with a minimum number of days off per year, and 12 holidays throughout the year when the agency is closed.
Proofpoint Marketing is committed to diversity and equal opportunities for all employees. We do not discriminate in candidate screenings, interviews, or employment on the basis of factors including race, ancestry, religion, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, age, parental status, political association, military history, or any other status protected by law.
Please note: We are using a third-party hiring tool called Vervoe to manage applications. Applicants will be asked a series of job-related questions that may be answered in a variety of ways (ie: video, audio, text, etc.). It’s an opportunity to demonstrate how you would handle real-world scenarios in this role. We look forward to seeing your answers!