Gaby Israel Grinberg
CXO & Co-Founder
What I do at Proofpoint
As the Chief Experience Officer, I’m responsible for shaping and cultivating all experiences for all our stakeholders, with special emphasis on employees and clients. I currently oversee: the Client Success Team; Marketing, PR and Events; and HR, Recruiting, EB and Culture.
Along with my team, we’re mapping every touch-point our stakeholders have with us and refining (or in same cases establishing) unique and memorable experiences along those thouch-points. This includes the journey from Sales to SOW; the New Client Onboarding Experience; Quarterly Client Success Check-Ins; as well as the Proofpint Hiring Experience; the New Employee Onboarding Experience, and so much more.
I’m really passionate about what we’re doing at Proofpoint, and excited to bring my skills and attention to detail to create experiences that traditionally haven’t been considered or optimized in other companies or other agencies. I’m nurturing my team to think and do things differently, and to always be people-first in all we do.
Why you should consider Proofpoint
- You’re looking for a place to feel supported and where you can bring your whole self to work.
- You’re looking to grow, learn and expand into new horizons in your career.
- You’re looking for an employer that respects your time prioritizes your well-being.
- You’re excited to help your clients realize their goals through savvy, demand marketing.
- You’re tired of hustling for no reason and want to know the HOW and WHY of what you’re doing.
- You appreciate feedback and are willing to listen, but also able to speak up and share what’s on your mind. Our culture is transparent, open and direct. Passive-aggressiveness will not work!
- You exemplify kindness, integrity and collaboration.
My professional background
I studied Public Relations and International Relations in college with the intention of going into the Foreign Service. I ended up starting my career in advertising at a multi-cultural ad agency in Boston, where I got to utilize my PR and communications background on the Account team and also discovered I loved working alongside creatives and helping to bring the vision to life.
I always had a passion for writing and fell madly in love with social media and content marketing while still in Boston. I continued building my career in Minneapolis while working for a loyalty marketing agency downtown as their first digital marketer. Wanting to try something different, I then worked for two Fortune-500 companies based in the Twin Cities on the social media team.
Something I don’t talk about nearly enough is the fact that I lost my job three times in my career. Each time I learned incredibly valuable lessons and learned how to get back up and start again. While there’s a lot of pain and stigma around losing one’s job, I’m proof that it can be a boon and help point you in the right direction.
Things I like to do outside of work
- I love tending to my numerous indoor plants and light gardening in the spring/summer.
- I dabble in photography and enjoy making photo books of all our family adventures. When I have more time, I definitely want to upgrade my camera and take some classes on photography.
- I love being active outdoors and enjoying working out at the gym and on my NordicTrack bike.
- I’m really interested in mid-century design and architecture, as well as history, fashion, music and pop-culture through the ages.
- Traveling and attending live music is my jam. Im looking forward to me and Mike’s 10-year anniversary trip to Europe in 2023!
- I’m 1000% a foodie and love to experience new restaurants and different cuisines.
- I love bing a mom to my daughter Lana Rose and am delighted to experience the world through her eyes. She’s my greatest teacher and my greatest joy in life.
As a manager of people, I care about...
- Getting to know the whole you and supporting you in the ways you need
- Your wellbeing. I will always prioritize the person over the task, any day, every day.
- Learning alongside you and working together as a strong team
- Watching you succeed both in and out of work
- Helping you reach your professional goals
- Being a mentor and confidante for things going on outside of work
- Enabling you to make decisions, take charge, level up and grow emotionally
- Meeting deadlines and expectations both internally and externally
- Follow through, and clear, open dialogue
- Good grammar and punctuation
- Strong presentation skills and adherence to brand
- Having fun while doing great work for our clients
Advice for candidates
- Read what we’re all about on our website, and don’t forget to check out our social channels.
- Come prepared to the interview and really impress us. Show us what you’re made of, what you can do in the role, and how you can add to our team and culture.
- Have at least a few questions prepared. It shows initiative and interest in the job.
- Send a thank you email, ideally once throughout the process, or more if you’ve really enjoyed meeting with the hiring manager and/or others on the team.
- Bonus points if you also reach out and connect and engage on LinkedIn.
- We really value feedback and dialogue so don’t be shy during the hiring process!
- Hiring is a two-way street. If you decide to move on with another offer, please let us know. If you’re no longer interested, please let us know. Ghosting and not showing up to an interview is not cool.
Fun Facts About Gaby:
Wife, Mom, Sister, Aunt, Friend
Favorite TV Shows:
Schitt’s Creek; Bosch; Outlander; Stranger Things
Hobbies & Interests
Plants & flowers; architecture; mid-century design; fashion & shopping
Fav Starbucks Drinks:
Chai Latte; Matcha Latte & Peach Green Iced Tea
Something I could eat everyday:
Yacht Rock Radio and Target-brand sugar frosted soft cookies
I speak 4 languages (English, French, Spanish & Portuguese)